Hello, how is year 2014 doing for you? Did you recently get a new device for yourself?
While it's common for each of us own more than one device , be it computer, laptop, tablet or smartphone have you actually give them proper protection against cyber threats? Most of us get anti-virus for your computer or laptop but did anyone of us here actually get anti-virus program for your tablet and smartphone?
Come to think of it, we go online on our smartphone literally 24 hours a day and we have lots of important contacts, pictures, files etc that we cannot afford to loss and it is important to have secure transaction when we go online shopping using mobile right. Well honestly I did not have any virus protection on my smartphone and I have to reformat it (lucky for me I have backup my data after I lost my phone last year). If
Do you know just last year, mobile “malware” families (malicious software that can threaten or compromise the info on your mobile device) has increased by 58 percent. 61 percent of malicious sites are actually legitimate websites that have been compromised and infected with malicious codes. According to 2013 Norton Report, there are 1/3 of smartphone users have experienced mobile cyber crime?
Let me share with you some Savvy e-shopping tips that everyone should know!
Have an “App”-y holiday – Think twice before downloading unknown apps from third-party app stores – they could come bundled with malicious software or adware. Also, look closely at the permissions the app requires before downloading.
Don’t take your threats with you – Have your guard up for emails and text advertising holiday deals that seem to good to be true – they likely are. Although spam can seem harmless, avoid clicking on links and downloading files from people you don’t know.
Only shop from secure sites – Whether shopping from a smartphone, tablet or home computer, only use reputable retailers and websites – look for the ‘S’ after ‘HTTP’ in your browser address bar before providing personal or credit card information.
Protect your mobile device – Password-protect your phone with a code that is difficult to guess. Install software that will allow you to track, lock and wipe your device in the event that it’s lost or stolen – every barrier a criminal has to overcome is another chance to stop them in their tracks.
Let mobile security help you – These days, your mobile phone is more than just a communication device – it’s a social network, Internet browser and wallet. It’s important to take the same care and protection as you would a computer.
While it's nice to have so many devices but it's sure troublesome to have bought different anti-virus program licences for your different devices right to maintain right!
The latest Norton 360 Multi-Device comes in the form of a single license to protect up to five different devices. So much convenience right?
With Norton 360 Multi-Device on our devices, it will protect us from evolving threats in our daily online lives. The latest version improves on the industry’s leading protection and performance, and is designed for compatibility with the new features of Windows 8.1.
The Norton 360 Multi-Device product’s five patented layers of protection provide comprehensive security, improved performance and ease of usability. The key features include:
- Multi-Device Protection – The Norton 360 Multi-Device software gives protection to all devices – PCs, Mac, iPhones, iPads, Android smartphones and tablets.
- SONAR Behavioural Protection – SONAR detects the signs that a file is dangerous to proactively protect you from never-before-seen threats. It helps with the removal and cleanup of malware attempts by saving the evidence of the attack for later use by Norton’s repair technologies. This remediation helps to ensure that all traces of a malware attack are removed and a system is returned to its original state.
- Internet Protection System – This feature actively protects your devices from online threats. The system scours websites and social networking sites for suspicious links and content to identify the latest social networking scams.
- Parental Control – This feature helps you protect your kids from online dangers by giving you direct access to Norton Family. Norton Family is a web-based service that helps connect parents to their children’s online lives and start a dialogue about appropriate online habits.
- Faster performance – Based on recent testing, compared with last year’s releases, Norton products have improved boot time by 15 percent, install speed by 10 percent and memory usage during scan by 100MBs, resulting in the fastest and lightest performance yet. (Source: PassMark, August 2013)
- Locate missing phones/tablets – The Scream Alarm feature alerts you to the location of a misplaced mobile device, and the Remote Locate feature pinpoints your lost or stolen device on a map.
- Enhanced Norton Identity Safe – Norton Identity Safe remembers, secures and automatically enters your usernames and passwords for you, so they can't be lost or stolen. The latest release offers enhanced password management tool, including improved form filling, with drag-and-drop functionality and full vault searches available directly from the toolbar to help manage passwords even more securely and conveniently.
The latest version of Norton 360 Multi-Device, is now available for purchase in Malaysia through various retailers and online at http://malaysia.norton.com. Norton 360 Multi-Device has two types: One year protection for 5 devices (RM249) and One year protection for 3 devices (RM189).
How to win ?
2) You gotta leave me a comment (together with your follower ID & valid email address which you use to follow my blog) under this post and tell me why do you want to win this Norton 360 Multi-Device from Norton by Symantec
3) Sample of comment
Follower ID : Jess Lee
Email : email@example.com
I want to win Norton 360 Multi-Device from Norton by Symantec because......
This giveaway is opened for Malaysian readers only. Winners would be picked randomly and giveaway will ends 18 Jan 2013 11.59pm. Good luck everyone!
Remember to stay safe whether you are online or offline!