L’occitane who is founded in 1976 in Provence, France is now in over 80 countries and with 1,899 stores worldwide. And just last month, L’occitane Malaysia celebrated their 10th anniversary here in Kuala Lumpur.
Nancy Ferriman, South East Asia General Manager of L’Occitane said that “We’re pleased with the strides we’ve made in Malaysia. We understand that uncompromising premium products and a penchant for subtlety over flash is what have been our key driving initiatives every time a new range is conceptualised. We want our products to speak for themselves through the pleasure and radiant glow of the woman who uses L’OCCITANE in ways that shows that beauty is more than just skin deep.”
She shared that her favourite is Almond Shower Oil where it pampers her skin after a long day at work. It's my favourite too!
A celebration would not be complete without cake-cutting ceremony.
Here are the 10 key L’occitane Malaysia’s milestones over the 10 years
1. The very first L’occitane Boutique’s opening ceremony in KLCC, Kuala Lumpur back in 2004.
2. In July 2006, L’occitane Malaysia brought 3 press members to Provence, the home of the brand, for an exclusive Lavender Discovery.
3. In 2007, L’occitane Malaysia branched out from Kuala Lumpur and opened its first outlet in Queensbay Mall, Penang; followed by the first L’occitane Boutique in East Malaysia at The Spring, Kuching. Two other outstation outlets were opened later in Mahkota Parade, Melaka and Suria Sabah, Kota Kinabalu to bring Provencal lifestyle to more parts in Malaysia.
4. In 2007, L’OCCITANE Malaysia re-launched its bestselling anti-ageing skincare collection, Immortelle Precious formulated by its signature everlasting flowers – Corsican Immortelle.
5. 2009 was an exciting year for L’occitane Malaysia as we launched their first premium anti-ageing skincare product, Divine Cream.
6. In line with L’occitane’s CSR endeavors, the brand’s first local charity fundraising initiative was launched in 2009. A total of more than RM150,000 was successfully raised over the years and donated to the Malaysian Association for the Blind (MAB)to equip the association’s different projects to empower the visually impaired with knowledge. This noble effort has become L’occitane Malaysia’s annual affair, where funds are raised each year to help the visually impaired. L’occitane Malaysia was proudly be commended by Foundation France in year 2013 on its local efforts in helping the visually impaired. L’occitane Malaysia takes pride in its efforts to help these people have a better, brighter future, and they are proud of the award as it encourages them to strive even harder.
7. In 2010, in line with going green, L’occitane Malaysia introduced its first eco-friendly green house concept Boutique in Mid Valley, Kuala Lumpur and eco-Refill packaging was also introduced to reduce the usage of plastic bottle.
8. The first Melvita flagship boutique was opened in Suria KLCC end 2010. Melvita, L’occitane’s sister brand, was founded by Mr. Bernard Chevilliat in 1983, and offers a wide selection of organic beauty care products developed and formulated in France, featuring bee products as its key ingredients. The grand opening was officiated by Mr. Chevilliat, the founder itself.
9. In 2012, L’occitane Malaysia relaunched its popular hydrating skincare collection, Angelica. Selected members of the press were invited on an exclusive discovery trip to Salagon Garden, Provence.
10. Today, in 2014, L’occitane Malaysia has rapidly expanded its wings over a short period of time. From one humble boutique in Suria KLCC to 18 boutiques nationwide, and from 10 staff to a team of over 150 dedicated employees, its success story continues to grow and flourish…
Last but not least, Happy Anniversary L'ocittane Malaysia!
Although L’occitane is more well known for their body care, their skincare worth a mention because it actually works pretty well on me . As much as I love their body care, I do like their L'Occitane Immortelle Precious where I did a review 2 years ago and it works wonder on me!
Before I end my post, a sneak preview of my next product review on L'occitane Sublime Essence & Beauty Cream. Do check out later to see how it flares on my skin :)